Monday, August 15, 2011

Card Patterns : Sketch 128

Hi,

Time to compete !!! I am participating in the Card Patterns Challenge  from http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com where card designers post a sketch of a card pattern and card makers have to follow the designed sketch and create a card. The best ones selected by the designers will get a prize... Sounds cool ... This is the first time I am participating..
The sketch for this week is something like this ..

And this is the card I made following the sketch ...


I have tried lots of things for the first time - the ribbon bow (took a lot of pain to make it :( ) , the stitches around the border of the card. The main attraction which is the Paper Quilled petals around an embedded stone is made from the left overs of the Paper Quilled Rakhis I had recently made. I dedicate this card to my mom as "Worlds Best Mom !!!" :))

10 comments:

  1. very good ..rating 1 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work :)
    Prabhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Shruti! Fantastic Quilling!!! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAIN attraction to this darling little number, is EVERYTHING! What a stunning creation! LOVE how you interpreted the Card Patterns sketch: THIS is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Elise for such a lovely comment :)

    ReplyDelete